Joakim is an Associate in the firm’s litigation department. His practice focuses on Commercial & Civil Litigation with particular expertise in land transactions, debt recovery, arbitration and employment law. He has been with the firm since 2016.
Joakim holds an LL.B (Hons) degree from Makerere University Kampala (MUK), a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre (LDC), and is certified to practice law in Uganda. He is a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East Africa Law Society.
- Advocate of the High Court of Uganda
- Dip. LP, Law Development Centre, 2017
- LL.B (Hons), Makerere University, Kampala ,2016
- 2016 – Intern, Kampala Associated Advocates
- 2017 – Legal Assistant, Kampala Associated Advocates
- 2017 to date -Legal Associate, Kampala Associated Advocates
- Acting as Junior Counsel in a claim against the Law Development Center, (LDC) worth approximately UGX. 1,600,000,000
- Acting as Junior Counsel in a claim against Crane Bank Uganda Limited worth UGX. 8,000,000,000.
- Acting as Junior Counsel in an appeal against Bank of Uganda worth UGX. 1,000,000,000,000/=
- Acting as Junior Counsel in several recovery suits against borrowers on behalf of major banks.