Isaac has specialized in Employment law and has gained much experience acting for both employers and employees. He has advised and/or represented 10 of the top 50 tax payers in Uganda on some complex and challenging restructurings, retrenchments or collective terminations, workplace violence and harassment, disciplinary matters, development of workplace policies and collective bargaining issues Industrial Court disputes. He also has extensive experience of High Court and Industrial Court litigation on a wide range of employment and general commercial matters. Clients he has worked for include statutory regulatory bodies, leading telecommunication company, energy companies, a five-star Hotel, a leading global car maker, and construction companies for which he was able to provide a diverse range of other services including, but not limited to, conducting arbitrations and adjudications, risk management and the drafting and negotiating of contractual documentation.
He regularly advises multinational investors on their immigration needs, as well as advising senior executives and expatriate employees on their immigration requirements. Isaac’s practice focuses on obtaining expedited entry permit applications on behalf of clients from very diverse regions
His areas of specialty extend to Arbitration and is a member of the London Court of International Arbitration.
• Member of team that represented Government of Uganda in a road construction related claim of more than USD $ 27,000,000 before a Tribunal of the International Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Centre.
• One of team members involved in various minor arbitrations relating to property development.
• Experience in commercial litigation in the telecommunications, energy, construction, hospitality and banking sectors.
• Advised telecommunications companies on various aspects of regulatory compliance in respect of their business, agreements and licencing issues.
• Resolution of shareholder, joint venture, company law and contractual disputes, with particular knowledge of the new Companies Act.
• Advised major University on the restructuring of its Human Resource Policy and employment structure.
• Represented leading Hotel in the negotiations with a labour union on collective bargaining agreements and employee restructuring.
• High Court litigation practice and procedure.
• Employment law practice and procedure.
• Consultations with clients and counsel.
University of Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Law Development Centre, Kampala.