Areas of Focus
- Corporate Advisory
- Project Finance
- Insurance Law
- Land Transactions
- Banking and Finance
Educational Background :
Dennis graduated from Makerere University Kampala in 2009 and thereafter joined the Law Development Centre where he graduated in the top 3% of his class.He shortly thereafter joined KAA in with the Corporate and Finance Advisory team. His experience spans across international finance, international cross-border finance, trade and commodity finance, project finance, infrastructure finance and asset finance.Dennis has assisted various foreign organizations and individuals who are looking to work, establish businesses or live in Uganda to apply and process immigration permits, including work permits, entry permits, dependant’s’ passes and other visa categories.
He has over the years acquired particular experience in handling major transaction deals. His attention to details and ability to apply a business perspective to a transaction is unrivalled.He has advised on a number of large scale and/or complex supply of goods and services contracts, outsourcing arrangements, distribution and agency agreements, public procurement agreements, construction and infrastructure arrangements, licensing and regulatory matters, environmental matters, land and real estate matters, health and safety and intellectual property matters. These include:
- Advising National Insurance Corporation on its UGX 8 billion rights issued at the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Advising National Insurance Corporation on its UGX 4.09 billion bonus issue at the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Advising Uchumi on a UGX 40 billion cross-listing of its 265,426,614 shares on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Advising Kenya Airways on the cross-listing of its 1,477,169,549 shares on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Helping in the restructuring of Muljbhai Madhvani Limited worth USD 500 million where he was required to attend several meetings and advise the client on the best way to acquire the restructuring objective.
- Advising Agri-Commodities FZE Syndicated loan worth USD 175 million by Standard Chartered Banks UK, SA, EBI First Gulf Bank, OJSC and Societe Geenrali.
- Advising on various facilities and securities by Standard Chartered Bank Uganda, NC Bank Uganda limited to various Ugandan entities.
- Advising as borrower’s local counsel on a USD 21,000,000 facility extended by Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V (FOMO) for the construction of a hydro power plant in Western Uganda.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank as local counsel on a USD 275,000,000 facility to Agri Commodities& Finance FZE.
- Advising Centenary Rural Development Bank on the acquisition of a 10% stake in the Bank by Rural Impulse Fund II/RIF-North1, a company managed by INCOFIN Investment Management.
- Advising Saipem International BV in structuring an acquisition of Habib Oil’s 49% shareholding in Saipem East Africa Limited by its subsidiary, Snamprogetti Netherlands BV.
- Advising Global Environment Fund on a USD 4 million loan to Global Woods for the restructuring of the company. The loan is to be converted into equity and the Fund will commit additional investment.
- Advising MTN International Mauritius Limited in the sale of 6 % of its shareholding in MTN Uganda Limited through a private placement.