Catherine is a Senior Legal Associate in the firm’s Transaction and Advisory department. Her practice focuses on Land use planning, acquisition, management and compensation, Project finance and infrastructure, contract management, Insurance & employment law. Catherine has been with the firm since 2016.
She is also a part time lecturer at the Faculty of law, Cavendish University Uganda where she teaches Land transactions, Law of contract II, Sale of Goods and Agency and Insurance law.
Catherine holds a Master’s degree from University of Cape Town South Africa, a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre (LDC), and a bachelor’s degree in law from Makerere University. Catherine is also a graduate of the Uongozi Leadership training Institute from Dar es Salaam Tanzania.She is a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East Africa Law Society.
- 2016 –to date Senior Legal Associate, Kampala Associated Advocates
- 2014-2015 Legal Monitor Parliament of the Republic of South Africa (Cape Town)
- 2011- 2014 Legal Officer SM Cathan Property Consult.
- 2010- Legal Assistant Katende Ssempebwa and Co. Advocates
- Project management from bidding to execution and completion-Disposal of Assets of Uganda Railways Corporation under supervision of Privatisation Unit.
- Advising on the Implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan for the construction of Ishaka Kagamba Road.
- Advising on the Implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan for the Kampala Flyover Construction and Road Upgrading Project.