We have over 25 staff with a total of 18 lawyers, making us one of the largest legal practices in Kampala. Our firm’s expertise in corporate and banking financial services, corporate restructuring, revenue and taxation, employment, commercial litigation and arbitration is virtually unrivaled.
At KAA we believe that our core values set us apart from our competitors. These are:
- Client Focused Approach :- Our work for our clients is driven solely by our commitment to find the right legal solution for them. We work closely with our clients to find sound, practical solutions that can be delivered for the best value possible. We only bill when we can demonstrate that we have generated actual value for our client’s business.
- Integrity and Confidentiality :- Our professional approach ensures that we maintain a high level of integrity, and the firm has successfully grown off the back of our reputation as a respectable, confidential and professional firm. Indeed, we believe strongly that building a relationship of trust with our clients’ is paramount to a successful relationship.
- Understanding Your Needs :- We believe we work best if we fully understand your business needs. To this end, we will work hard at getting to know you better and understanding your business further. We believe that the best way to keep up to date with your needs is through regular contact and site visits.
- A Quality and Professional Service : – We take pride in offering a high quality professional legal service and are aware of the importance of meeting timescales. In addition, as a leading corporate law firm in Uganda, our partner led teams have vast experience. We believe that this helps us to deliver a high quality and valuable service to our clients.
- Breadth of Experience : – Some of our partners come from a rich and varied background providing our team with an in-depth knowledge of various sectors. In particular, you will find a mixture of public sector and private sector knowledge, with transactional and contentious experience. We can draw upon this knowledge and experience to help you overcome any legal challenges you may be facing.
- Full Service :- As a full service firm consisting of lawyers with a variety of specializations we are committed to providing you with a comprehensive suite of legal services that fulfill your entire legal requirements.
We have a global partnership with Dentons, one of the 25 largest legal service providers in the world, with lawyers and professionals in 49 locations and 33 countries.
Through Dentons, we have access to a network of offices and associates in the US, Europe, Russia and Central Asia, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Africa. The Dentons network helps KAA to combine regional and international best practice with sound legal solutions, ensuring a cost-effective and coordinated strategy in matters involving multiple jurisdictions. Our African Association, for instance, comprises law firms from Algeria, Burundi, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
The Dentons network provides support with regard to documentation, precedents and court decisions in the firm’s respective jurisdictions. Our clients are guaranteed the highest standard legal representation as they conduct and arrange their business affairs in today’s contemporary world.
KAA has concluded special associate agreements with South Sudan Associated Advocates (SSAA), based in Juba, Southern Sudan, and with Trust Law Chambers, based in Kigali, Rwanda. Within the Dentons framework, KAA also closely collaborates with the Nairobi-based firm of Hamilton Harrison & Mathews (HHM) and the Dar es Salaam based Mkono & Co Advocates. These relationships have given KAA a strong geographical reach within the Eastern Africa Region.
KAA is also a “Partner Firm” with TRACE international, Inc. (TRACE), a non-profit, US-based membership association, which provides major US corporations with legal advisory services on foreign anti-bribery measures and compliance solutions in order to uphold their compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).